This section summarizes how we use your personal data. It is designed to highlight our key data protection practices, and you can scroll down for more detailed information. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at hello@GentRow.com .
What Information Do We Collect, And How?
As an e-commerce site, we collect a range of information so that we can provide the best services to our customers. This includes basic information we need to sell and ship you items you buy as well as other information which helps us tailor our Services to meet your needs. We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions through our Services, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant chat, social media or otherwise). We may also collect information in our future stores when you visit and choose to participate in our pioneering technology that enhances your in-store experience. We also supplement the data you provide to us with data from data append services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with shopping content or promotions. Scroll down to section 2 to learn more.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the personal information we collect to: process and fulfill orders you place, improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience using our Services, contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized email marketing and promotional messages, deliver individualized advertising, and detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. Scroll down to section 3 to learn more.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We do not disclose your information to anyone other than shared responsibilities with service providers and marketing partners, and to other third parties as may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or as part of a corporate transaction. We do not disclose your personal information (such as name, address, email address, or phone number) to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes, except where you have expressly agreed to this. Scroll down to section 4 to learn more. Cookies
How Do We Protect Your Data?
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use include data encryption, password requirements, not storing credit card numbers, and monitoring our servers and systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Scroll down to section 6 to learn more. Third Party Links The Services may contain links to third party websites and your use of these links may result in the collection, processing, or sharing of information about you. Scroll down to section 7 to learn more.
We do not intend for our Services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. Scroll down to section 8 to learn more. Your EU Data Protection Rights We may store your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), and it may be processed by individuals operating outside of the EEA. You have various rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable local laws, including the right to see all of the personal information we hold about you, to require that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal information, or to object to certain information being stored or used (including to ask us to stop sending your marketing communications). Scroll down to section 9 to learn more. California Residents If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Scroll down to section 10 to learn more. You can contact us via email given below. We always love to hear from you!
• Websites operated by GR
• The future GR iOS and Android mobile applications;
• Websites operated by any future GR Brick and Mortars
2. What Information Do We Collect, And How?
When you interact with us, whether by using our Services or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
• Information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account using our Services, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions through our Services, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant chat, social media or otherwise).
o This information may include your name, address or location, phone number and email address, gender, purchase information, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details), amongst other information.
o If you register an account using our Services, which you must do if you wish to purchase products through our Services, then you may voluntarily add a photograph and nickname to your GR profile. From your account, you can also invite your friends to shop using our Services (including by email, Facebook, or Twitter). Although we will let them know that we received their details from you, please ensure that you have the permission of your friends before sharing their contact details with us and only forward emails to people you know would be happy to receive them.
• Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you from other websites, companies, or organizations, including data brokers, our partner boutiques, social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, advertising networks and analytics partners, payment and delivery service providers, amongst others.
o By logging in to our mobile applications via Facebook or Twitter, or linking your account on our Services to your Facebook or Twitter accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depends on your settings for that account or website, and will be subject to their privacy policies.
o We supplement the data you provide to us with data from data append services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions. We will append this data to our existing customer account information to better understand customers’ interests and to provide more relevant product recommendations and advertising. We may append information about you that is publicly available. This information may include, for example, household size, household income, or profession. This information may be associated with your personal information such as name, email address, physical address, or phone number.
• Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you use our Services, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems, and may also be appended to your customer account or profile. That information includes:
o Cookies: we’ve set out more details about cookies below, but these small text files can help improve your experience with the Services and make it easier to interact with us. This may include storing your location or language preferences to save you having to re-enter information when returning to, or ensuring that items you wish to order don’t disappear as you navigate between pages on, our websites;
o Device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on which type of device you are using (whether it’s a PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise) and the settings on that device, but includes the type of device you have (such as an iPhone 6S or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address or unique ID, the browser you are using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
o Information we collect in store: the GR Group is always looking for new opportunities to improve your shopping experience and this extends to your experiences in-store.
3. How Do We Use Your Information?
To make our Services work, including to allow you to order and receive products from our Services, administer your account and to optimise your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways. The key purposes for which we use your information are as follows:
• To provide you with the products you have ordered: to order products, you need to register an account on our Services (which you may personalise). Your information (including name, address, phone number, email address, and financial information (such as debit or credit card details)) will be used so you can submit, and we can process and fulfil, that order. We may also use your information to communicate with you about your orders and account and provide you with customer support when needed. This may require us to provide your information to third parties including our partner boutiques from whom you are purchasing your product and our delivery partners, as further set out below;
• To administer, maintain, and optimize our Services and your experience: we want you to have the best experience possible when you interact with us, including using our Services and visiting future in-stores. To do this, we use your information (including log data, statistical information, and device information) to ensure that the Services and its features and any Wi-Fi networks are functioning correctly, to adapt and customize our Services to better suit your preferences, and to provide pages specific to your language or location.
• To provide you with customer services: if you contact our customer services team or provide us with feedback for any reason, whether by email, phone, chat, or otherwise, we will use your information (including your name, phone number, and email address) to help us categorize the communication, respond to you, and where appropriate, investigate, and resolve any issue or incident that you may have. We may also use your phone number or email address to let you know the status of, or if there are any problems with, your order;
• For advertising and marketing purposes:
o Where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase from our Services, unless you tell us otherwise, GR and our partner boutiques and brands will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
o Where you give consent, we may use images of you on our Services, social media sites (e.g. Instagram) and our partner boutiques’ products, services, and brands.
• To carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our Services and views. Unless you have opted into receiving such communications from us, we may use your personal details (including your name, address, email address, and phone number) to send you polls and surveys to find out your views of our Services. We may also carry out analysis of, and research into, the ways that you use our Services so we can optimize the Services and your experience. We may use third parties to carry out any research, analysis, and surveys, or to deliver incentives in return for your participation in polls, as further set out below;
• For your, and our, financial security: for everyone’s safety, we need to ensure that our customers are genuine. To do this, we may use your personal information (including your name, address, and financial information (such as credit or debit card details) to confirm your identity and perform credit check or anti-fraud checks. We may use third party credit reference or fraud prevention agencies or service providers to perform these checks, as further set out below, but no formal credit check is performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
4. Who Do We Share Your Information With?
To provide our Services, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following limited circumstances:
• Group companies for business purposes: GR Group
• Third party service providers for business purposes: to function properly, we rely on a number of carefully selected third parties to provide us with services and products. These include our partner boutiques from whom you purchase products, courier companies to deliver products, anti-fraud and credit check providers to keep us and you secure, analytics companies to enable our marketing, research companies to help us carry out surveys, IT/technology providers to support, maintain and provide our technology and IT infrastructure, third party partners that provide us additional information about our customers, and others. We permit these companies to use your personal information only to the extent necessary to provide us with their services and products; we do not allow these third parties to disclose or use your information for any other purposes;
• Third party partners for marketing and advertising purposes: we may provide your information to our advertising partners where they require the data to display advertisements that are most relevant to you across your different devices and on our own and others’ websites and mobile applications. With your permission, we may also provide your information to our partner boutiques so that they may send you marketing communications;
• Third parties where we are considering a corporate transaction: the GR Group is always looking for new opportunities and directions in which to grow. This means sometimes we may consider corporate transactions such as merger, acquisitions, reorganizations, asset sale, or similar. In these instances, we may transfer your information to enable the assessment and undertaking of that transaction. If we buy or sell any business or assets, your personal information may be one of the assets that are transferred;
• To comply with legal requests: on occasion we may be required to liaise with various regulators and law enforcement agencies in a number of different countries, whether as a result of law, a court order, or another legal process. Although we dispute requests wherever suitable, in some cases we may have to share your information with the regulators or law enforcement agencies. Where we consider it appropriate, and provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will attempt to notify you of these legal demands; and
• Aggregated information with third parties: we may share your information in an aggregate form with third parties. For example, we may share information about your use of our Services, or may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes. These datasets will not contain your name or contact details such as address, email address, or phone number. We may share this summary information or analysis with providers of plugins or similar technologies to help measure traffic, our partner boutiques and other providers to allow them to better stock products, and our investors.
We use technology such as “cookies” to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page. We use the following categories of cookies on our Services:
• CATEGORY 1: STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
• CATEGORY 2: PERFORMANCE COOKIES These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Services. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. You may opt out of these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the performance of our Services.
• CATEGORY 3: FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You may opt out of these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the functionality of our Services.
• CATEGORY 4: TARGETING COOKIES OR ADVERTISING COOKIES These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
• CATEGORY 5: SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information about online behavioural advertising and deleting or controlling cookies is available at:
• For EU customers: www.AboutCookies.org
• For US customers: www.NetworkAdvertising.org; www.AboutAds.info
To opt out of:
• Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
• Other third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu (in the EU); www.AboutAds.info (in the US)
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Services. Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
6. How Do We Protect Your Data?
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal information that you provide, including:
• Using a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details);
• Requiring you to establish a password to access your account on our Services;
• Not keeping details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card (such as your CCV number); and
• Regularly monitoring our servers and IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our Services, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a non-protected environment (such as a message board, shopping list, or in chat areas) then that information can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
7. Third Party Links
9. California Residents
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2017 will receive information regarding 2016 sharing activities).
10. Contact Us